As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to evolve around the globe, our team at The Milton Home is focused on keeping residents and staff safe while also maintaining resident engagement and daily fulfillment. We created this COVID-19 information page on our website to keep residents and their families informed about our response to the coronavirus.
We know that many communities are beginning to “reopen,” but we are taking a cautious approach in the name of balancing the highest level of safety within the least restrictive environment. Our current outside visitations have been well received by both families and residents. We will offer as much visitation as dictated by the regulatory agency. I will share with residents and families, via our email updates, any changes that directly impact our community. Through testing and by keeping a close eye on residents’ health, we continue to be able to identify the right time to broaden our restrictions as well as when those restrictions might be needed again.
Keeping residents and staff safe
- Our focus is on preventing the spread of COVID-19 among residents, staff, and visitors.
- COVID-19 is an evolving worldwide pandemic, and consequently, we are taking an adaptive approach toward our safety measures.
- We follow all Indiana Department of Health policies regarding staff testing.
- We will operate at different stages of quarantine and will move between less-restrictive and more-restrictive measures based on regulations.
- We continue to follow universal safety practices:
- PPE: Staff members always wear masks, and we ask residents to wear masks whenever they leave their apartments or when a staff member is in their apartments. Staff will use full PPE for any residents on isolation protocols.
- Screening: We screen every employee and resident daily, including taking their temperature and checking for symptoms.
- Cleaning: Our staff clean and sanitize high-touch areas multiple times per day using EPA-approved disinfectants.
- Social Distancing: We will always maintain social distancing unless a staff member is providing direct care to a resident.
Keeping residents engaged
- Our engagement team is working hard to keep every resident as engaged and fulfilled as possible.
- We want to continue to provide meaningful connections throughout the day for each resident despite the current circumstances with COVID-19.
- We are delighted to help residents connect with their friends and families via video visits using tools such as Zoom and FaceTime, or through scheduled outside visits.
- We offer opportunities for residents to be escorted for walks to maintain exercise as well as enjoy the outdoors.
- We will offer activity programs in small groups, maintaining social distancing and using masks.